Congratulations! You have secured a face to face interview with a potential new employer. So what do you need to do?
These handy hints will help you leave a lasting impression:
* Do your research: Find out about the pharmacy you want to work for. Make sure you understand the position you are applying for, the team environment and the organisation so you can converse with confidence.
* Practice your answers: There are some questions that you can almost guarantee will crop up. You should prepare answers to some of the most common interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses, as well as being able to explain why you would be the best person for the job.
* Dress for success: In an interview, first impressions do matter. The best way to ensure a good first impression is to dress professionally - good personal hygiene is also important.
* Remain calm: Ensure you have the correct address and time of the interview, as well as the full name and position of the person/s that will be interviewing you. On the day, turn up 5-10 minutes prior to the interview. Remember to speak clearly, smile and keep in mind that your interviewers may be nervous too.
* Ask questions: You should always have some questions for your interviewer to demonstrate your interest in the position. Prepare some which will give you more information about the job, and some which delve deeper into their culture and goals.
Heidi Dariz - General Manager
Heidi has been with Raven's for 12 years and looks after permanent and locum recruitment Australia wide - call Heidi on 1800 429 829 for your recruitment or career needs.