Client & Location Information:
Hospital Pharmacy located in Kilmore, VIC 65 kilometres north of Melbourne.
Clinical Pharmacist required for an immediate start for up to 4 weeks initially.
Mon - Thu 9am to 12pm & Fri 9am to 1pm. Potential for extra hours. Possibility to be flexible on hours/days.
As the sole pharmacist, you will be working in a clinical role (no dispensing) with support from team and a tech one day a week for ordering. Your duties will include:
* Review patients on admission (medication reconciliation) and liaise with Drs to resolve any potential problems.
* Review patients on discharge, produce a discharge medication list that highlights new or changed medications and provide education about these changes.
* Ensure continuity of care in the community (e.g. provide summary of medication changes to local pharmacy, nursing home, etc.).
* Provide medication information to nurses and doctors.
* Provide advice when medication is unavailable (e.g. source from elsewhere, suggest alternative treatments options with prescribers etc.).
* Support the hospital with their medication management and safe use of medicines.
* Registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
* Training and support will be provided - i.e. open to considering experienced pharmacists without hospital/clinical experience.
Salary & Benefits:
$65/hr + super.
How to Apply:
Submit your interest online, or if you are registered with us contact Eryn or Nivi directly for a confidential discussion on 1800 429 829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref: 200037647