Client & Location Information:
Public hospital located on the Mid North Coast of NSW, approximately 3.5hrs from Sydney.
Locum Hospital pharmacist required for an ASAP start for 1-3 months
Work Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (1hr lunch break) 38 hrs per week.
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced hospital Pharmacist to lead a dynamic team of 4FTE pharmacists, 4FTE pharmacy technicians, 1FTE assistant, and 1FTE administration support officer at Manning Hospital.\
In this role, you will have the ability to showcase your strong leadership skills while achieving high-quality service and output. You will promote effective change management across the sector and will be provided with mentoring and support from the district pharmacy team as necessary.
As the Director of Pharmacy, your job requirements will involve:
- Provide leadership, daily direction, and co-ordination of activities of the pharmacy department to contribute to optimal patient care by providing effective, efficient and personalised pharmaceutical services which are of the highest ethical and professional standard and which are consistent with departmental, hospital HNELHD and NSW Health policies.
- Consulting and communicating with staff to promote workplace health and safety.
- Addressing and where appropriate escalating identified work, health and safety matters including staff non-compliance with Work Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Promoting a risk management approach to identifying, assessing, controlling and evaluating identified health and safety risks
Locums will need to provide:
- Attention to detail in the provision of medication and pharmacy services.
- Compliance with relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Liaising for the patient's benefit with other health professionals, carers and the patient themselves.
- Proof of eligibility for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency, Pharmacy.
* Registered as a pharmacist with the Australia Pharmacy Board (AHPRA).
* Experience with iPharmacy dispense preferred.
* Hospital experience necessary.
* Sound knowledge of pharmacotherapy and a demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge and promote quality use of medicines will be highly considered.
Salary & Benefits:
$70/hr+ super Monday to Friday, plus travel expenses and self-contained accommodation are on offer.
How to Apply:
Submit your interest online, or if you are registered with us contact Eryn or Nivi directly for a confidential discussion on 1800 429 829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref: 200036350